CHANGE OF REGISTERED OFFICE
The registered office of a Company or LLP is the principle place of business for a private/ public limited company and all official correspondence from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs is sent to this location. The registered office of a Company or LLP can be changed within the local limits of any city, town or village where such office is situated by passing merely a board resolution and giving notice to the concerned Registrar of Companies within 30 days after the date of the Board Meeting.
Approval of members is required; the registered office is shifted from one village, town or city etc. to the other village, town or city within the same state. Where registered offices are shifted either from one State to another State or From Jurisdiction of one ROC to another, approval of the members of the Company and the Jurisdictional Regional Director is required by filing the Petition with them.
What will you receive in change of registered Office package ?
- Preparation of application for change of office address
- Special Resolution, if required
- Altered Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Fresh Incorporation Certificate
Where the Company/ LLP can shift registered office address ?
- Change in the registered office within the local limits of the same city, town or village
- Change in the registered office outside the local limits but within same state and ROC
- Change in the registered office within same State but different ROC
- Change in the registered office within same ROC but different State
- Change in the registered office from One State to another State
What is the process for Change of registered office of Company ?
Step 1: Board Resolution:
The Company has to firstly conduct the Board meeting to consider and discuss the reasons and procedures for change of registered office of the Company. The Board of Directors need to pass necessary resolution and authorize any one of them to apply for change of registered office of the Company.
Step 2: Special Resolution for Registered Office Change, if required:
The Company will conduct General Meeting of the members and pass thereat necessary resolution Resolution for change of company registered office, and consequential changes to the Memorandum of Association.
Step 3: Application for approval of Company Registered Office Change:
Once the Special Resolution for change of company registered office is passed, the company will file forms MGT-14 for filing of resolutions and Form INC-22 and if required then form INC-23 with necessary documents for change of registered office of Company with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) through MCA portal.
Step 4: Issuance of New Certificate of Incorporation:
If the Registrar of Companies is satisfied with the company registered office change application, he will issue a fresh certificate of incorporation which will be conclusive evidence of the new registered office address. After getting the new certificate, the Company is required to get all the existing MOA changed and updated with the new office address and keep the same at its registered office.
The entire process for registration of Company will take at least 2 to 7 working days from the receipt of all the necessary documents and filing with the ROC.
What can be the reasons for Company Registered Office Change?
- Relocation of place of business
- Expiry of the existing lease of the registered office
- Increase in employees strength
- Working closer to the area of operation
- Acquisition of business and want to relocate
What Documents are required for Company change of Registered Office ?
- Documents for new address proof of the Company
- Special resolution for change of name
- Alteration of MOA.