In India, Copyrights are registered under The Copyright Act, 1957. Copyright is a legal right given by the law to creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and producers of cinematograph films and sound recordings. However, ideas, procedures, methods of operation or mathematical concepts cannot be copyrighted. It safeguards and protects the intellectual work. Copyright includes a bundle of rights like the right of reproduction, communication to the public, adaptation and translation of the work.
Advantages of Copyrights Registration:
1. Goodwill: Registered copyright can be used for marketing and creating a sense of goodwill and quality in the minds of your customer.
2. Legal Protection: Copyright registration serves as prima facie evidence in the Courts of Law over ownership of the work. Therefore, copyright registration gives the owner legal protection for intellectual work.
3. Restricts Unauthorized Reproduction: Copyright registration helps to impede unauthorized reproduction of the work as it provides the owner with a host of legal remedies in case of infringement.
4. Global Protection: India provides protection to works that are copyrighted in other countries and vise-a-versa.
5. Creation of Asset: Registered copyrights are an intellectual property and the rights can be sold, franchised or commercially contracted. Copyright registration creates an intellectual property, an intangible asset.
What is the process for Copyright Registration ?
Step 1: Generate the enquiry on our website
Step 2: Our expert will provide you with the instructions as to how to proceed
Step 3: Fill up the checklist of documents and provide necessary documents to us
Step 4: We will start the registration process and provide you with the documents submission receipt.
What you will receive in Copyright Registration Package?
1. Expert consultancy.
2. Complete and end to end documentation.
3. Trade Mark Search.
4. Payment of Govt. fees.
5. Certifying and submission of application.
6. Certificate of Registration from TM Registry.
What to consider for registration of Copyright ?
- Sound or recording or music
- Literary work like book or article
- Dramatic works (e.g., scripts for films and dramas)
- Published editions
- Movies, Films and telefilms
- Broadcasts on Radio and Television