Patent Registration Applications are handled by the Patent Office, Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trademarks. Patent applications can be filed electronically with provisional or complete specification, at the appropriate Patent Office.
Patent is an exclusive right for an invention provided by the law to the Patentee. It enables the patentee to control the making, using, selling or importing of the patented product or process for producing that product without his / her consent. An invention shall qualify following conditions to be patentable in India as it must be a new product or process involving an inventive step and it must be capable of being made or used in an industry. Patent registrations have a validity of twenty years from the date of filing of patent application, irrespective of whether it is filed with provisional or complete specification.
Advantages to Register a Patent
1. Legal Protection: Only owners of registered patents can sue for damages in case of patent infringement. Patent protection is not enforceable for inventions that are not registered.
2. Global Patent Protection: A patent registration in India can be used as the basis for patent registration in other countries,. Foreigners and Foreign entities can also register a patent in India.
3. Competitive Edge: Patent registration will provide a unique competitive edge for the business. Competitors will not be allowed to use the patented invention for similar goods or services.
4. Validity: Patent registrations in India are valid for 20 years from the date of filing of patent application, irrespective of whether it is filed with provisional or complete specification.
5. Intellectual property: After registration, patent becomes intellectual property, which is an intangible asset for an organization. Registered patent can be sold, franchised or commercially contracted.
How we help with Patent Registration
1. Application Preparation: Our Patent Expert will prepare the patent application for your business based on your requirements and information.
2. Application Filing: Once the patent registration application is prepared and signed by you, we can file it with the Patent Office electronically.
3. Application Tracking: Once the patent application is filed with the Registrar, the Government processing will start.